Tips to Wearing Contact Lenses with Eye Make-Up
Many women pick to wear contact lenses but have questions about the best way to apply their eye make-up when wearing contacts. We have many easy ideas and tricks to make enhancing your eyes with make-up a simple process even if you choose to wear contact lenses.
Make-Up Tips with Contacts
• Always wash and dry your hands prior to touching your eyes or your contact lenses.
• You should insert your contact lenses prior to applying your eye make-up. Remove your contact lenses prior to removing your eye make-up.
• Never apply eyeliner to your inner eyelid.
• When applying powder eyeshadow, close your eye and brush off any excess prior to opening your eye.
• If you use cream eyeshadow, be careful not to get it into your eyes. Use a water-based cream eyeshadow should you pick to use cream rather than powder.
• Use only hypoallergenic make-up in order to help prevent irritation of one's eyes.
• Make-up brushes, specifically those used near your eyes, should be washed once per week and left to air dry.
• Cosmetics do have expiration dates. Typically, eye make-up for example eyeliner and mascara should be discarded no less once every three months to prevent introducing bacteria to the eyes.
If your eyes are irritated from cosmetic use, do not wear your contact lenses. If irritation remains, see your optometrist for an eye exam.
If you're ready to switch from prescription eyeglasses to contact lenses, schedule an appointment with an eye doctor for your contact lens exam.