FAQ - Contact Lens Orders
Please visit our General FAQs for any additional general questions about Eyeglass World or visit our Eyeglass Orders FAQs if you have questions about your online eyeglasses order. If you’re unable to find an answer regarding your online contact lens order, please email us. To speak with someone regarding your in-store experience, please use our Customer Care email form.
How do I order replacement contact lenses from Eyeglass World?
- Get started by finding your preferred contact lenses at eyeglassworld.com. If you received an exam at one of our Eyeglass World stores, you can select the location during checkout and we will verify your prescription.
- If you received an exam at another optical retailer, please have your Doctor’s name, address and phone number available during checkout so we can contact them to verify the prescription.
- If you have a copy of your current, valid prescription, you can upload it during the checkout process.
- Choose to have your order delivered to your home or your local Eyeglass World store.
Can I call to place my order?
Place your contact lens order by calling 877-868-8946. Your order will be processed promptly and shipped to you directly after prescription has been verified.Back to Top
Why does my prescription need to be verified?
Verification of contact lens prescriptions is completed to help maintain our customers’ eye health, and comply with the Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act. This law requires that optometrists and ophthalmologists give patients a copy of their prescriptions after a fitting and verify those prescriptions to any third party designated by the patient, such as an online lens seller. This protects patients by ensuring that their prescriptions are current and valid.Back to Top
What if I don't know my prescription?
We will gladly obtain it for you. Please provide us with your doctor's name and phone number when prompted.Back to Top
Can an eyeglass prescription be used for a contact lens prescription?
Eyeglass prescriptions and contact lens prescriptions are not the same. A contact lens prescription includes contact lens brand name, base curve, and diameter which are not components of an eyeglass prescription.Back to Top
How do I set up an Auto Reorder?
- Add your preferred contact lenses to the cart at eyeglassworld.com.
- Enroll in Auto Reorder during the checkout process and choose your preferred delivery interval (Customers are only charged as each order is shipped).
- All Auto Reorder orders receive FREE shipping in the U.S.!
- 10 days before an order is created from your Auto Reorder we will send you an e-mail reminding you that an order will be created on the Next Order Date set in the Auto Reorder, as well as a notification in case your credit card or lens prescription on file has expired.
- Create or login to your account at eyeglassworld.com to cancel your Auto Reorder (Orders are automatically placed unless Customer Service is contacted to deactivate the Auto Reorder).
- Note: Changes to an Auto Reorder only affect future orders, not orders already created. To make a change to an order created from an Auto Reorder you will need to contact Customer Service.
Is it necessary for contact lens wearers to have regular eye examinations?
A regular eye examination is recommended to update your prescription and evaluate the health of your eyes. Contact lens prescriptions have varied expiration dates due to state regulations, doctor preference, and health concerns.Back to Top
Do I have to get an eye exam first? What if I already have a prescription?
Customers don’t have to receive an exam from one of the independent Doctors of Optometry at Eyeglass World to order contacts, but a current, valid prescription is required to purchase contact lenses. Be sure to give us your doctor’s contact information or upload a copy of your prescription so it can be verified before your order is filled.Back to Top
Can I order a different brand of contact lenses than my doctor prescribed?
We can only provide you with the exact brand of contact lenses as prescribed by your doctor. If you wish to order a different brand of contact lens you must see your doctor to be fitted for the new lens. Then you can submit the new prescription for the contact lenses order.Back to Top
Can I order colored lenses if my prescription is for clear lenses or I don’t have a prescription?
We can only provide you with the exact brand of contact lenses as prescribed by your doctor. If you wish to order a brand of colored contact lenses you must see your doctor to be fitted for the new lens. Then you can submit the new prescription for the contact lenses order.Back to Top
What if I don't see my contact lenses on this site?
Call us at 877-868-8946. There are hundreds of different brands of lenses. Only our most widely prescribed lenses are featured on this site.Back to Top
What are your shipping methods and charges?
Standard - FREE
- On orders of $50.00 or more
- 4 or more boxes of contact lenses (any combination)
- APO and FPO available with this option, but shipping will take longer
- Anticipated delivery time 5-7 days after order is processed to addresses within the continental US and applies to in-stock products only
- Out of stock product may take longer. We will advise you via email of any anticipated delays.
Expedited - $11.95
- Anticipated delivery 3-4 business days after order is processed
- Cannot ship to a PO Box, APO or FPO
- Anticipated delivery time applies to in-stock products only
- Not available for out of stock products
We've discontinued servicing addresses outside of the US, Mexico, Canada, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses effective May 10th, 2018.Back to Top
What is your return policy?
30-Day Return Policy
Items may be returned within 30 days of purchase provided they are unopened, undamaged and in original condition. Such returns will receive credit in full, excluding any shipping charges. We cannot accept opened boxes and vials, as we are unable to return these to the manufacturer.
- Contact Customer Care by email or by calling 877-868-8946 and provide your name, order number, the reason for the return, and if you would like a refund or exchange. We will issue you a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- After obtaining an RMA number, use the prepaid shipping label that will be emailed to you or send your return using a trackable carrier to:
- We are unable to issue credit for packages lost in transit to our office.
- Ship your return as soon as possible. If we don’t receive your return shipment within 10 days, you may incur additional charges and your refund may be delayed.
- Package your return carefully to so the products aren’t damaged during shipment. We’re unable to issue refunds for damaged items.
Attn: Eyeglass World
RMA#: (write your RMA here)
2000 Newpoint Parkway, Suite E
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
In the unlikely event you receive a defective lens, do not throw the lens away. It may need to be returned to the manufacturer for analysis. Provided the lens manufacturer agrees the lens is defective, a replacement lens will be issued at no cost. Please note that defective lenses may only be exchanged for the exact same lens and prescription. We cannot issue refunds for defective items.
Returning Johnson & Johnson Products
If you believe the Johnson & Johnson lenses you've received are defective, please follow the directions below:
- Contact Johnson & Johnson Customer Relations at 800-843-2020 Mon-Fri, 10AM-5PM EST (If outside business hours leave a detailed message and a Johnson & Johnson Customer Relations Specialist will contact you).
- Explain the defect to Johnson & Johnson and they will provide you a reference number acknowledging your complaint.
- Call Eyeglass World at 877-868-8946 and supply the complaint reference number you were provided by Johnson & Johnson.
- Eyeglass World will provide you with a replacement for the defective lenses in your order.
- If a defective product return is required, Johnson & Johnson will send you a postage paid return label to retrieve the lenses.
- Lenses ARE NOT to be returned to Eyeglass World.
- If you have any questions regarding the returning of Johnson & Johnson products, please contact us.
Is it safe to use my credit card online?
Yes. All online transactions at Eyeglass World are handled with industry-standard secure server software (SSL) encryption. The SSL encrypts (scrambles) all information your information before it is sent to us. All customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.Back to Top